Lions Clubs International – The World’s largest Service Organization
Being a Lion is about leading by example, building relationships and improving the world through acts of humanitarian kindness so they can make a lasting impact and change more lives. When caring people join together to make their community better it’s an incredible feeling for everyone involved.
At the heart of Lions Clubs there is one constant: SERVICE. Giving of your time and energy to others is a fantastic way to help your community. The great feeling of helping others can spread and have a positive impact on your life and the lives of others.
Every Lions club is unique and serves in its own way but many Lions clubs support the five global focus areas of Lions Clubs International which are:
- Vision – We serve to prevent avoidable blindness and improve quality of life for people who are blind and visually impaired.
- Hunger – We serve to ensure all community members have access to nutritious foods.
- Environment – We serve to sustainably protect and restore our environment to improve the well-being of all communities.
- Childhood cancer – We serve to help those affected by childhood cancer survive and thrive.
- Diabetes – We serve to reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve quality of life for those diagnosed.
We Are Effective
Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF), The Charity arm of Lions Club International …
- has provided over $1 billion in grants since it’s existence.
- has contributed $1 million toward assisting refugees
Locally, Maryville Lions Club has identified countless children who were suffering from vision disorders, some of which could have resulted in blindness. Approximately 5% of the children we screen get referred for further testing. We serve our local community in many ways you may not be aware.
We Are Efficient
Lions Clubs have been around for more than 100 years and we now have over 1.4 million members around the globe! We pride ourselves on the fact that 100% of donations we collect is spent meeting the needs of others, and we do it efficiently through global cooperation. Few organizations can say none of their donations are spent on administration, but we can! We focus on vision and hearing health and services, but we also have a passion for other quality of life concerns such as hunger, disease prevention, environment preservation, and disaster response.
We Want YOU!
We have so many great accomplishments because there is power in numbers. Our individual members and volunteers make us effective. That’s why we hope you will join our cause to make a difference in one of these ways:
Become a Lion (or sponsor someone else to become a Lion)